Sunday, October 16, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Evening

One of my fears with the twins arriving was Kayla feeling like I love her less or she would be somehow left out. The interesting this is, I have found through this life changing event, I love her even more. It is so neat to see her bond with her brothers. The twins being here really makes me have a stronger desire to build my relationship with her. In short, adding babies to the mix does not short change the older sibling... at all!

I have decided to minimize my time on facebook and other social networking sites lately. Sometimes I feel like there is too much chatter and ongoing conversation constantly in my brain. It's been a couple of weeks and there is a big difference. I can focus on conversations with my husband a lot better and I feel like my mind has been through a cleansing. Amazing.

Last night the boys were up all night. Literally, all night. By the fourth time up with them I was in a state of delirium. As a second time parent, first time twin parent, I have learned a valuable lesson. Sometimes babies just do that. They cry, and they stay up all night. And the reality is: sometimes there is just no practical reason. There is no use trying to figure out what's "wrong" with them, or what I have done wrong as a parent. Nope, sometimes they just do that. Good thing is: they grow out of it. Sad thing is: they grow way too fast.

And the photo, this is just a reminder of no matter how tired I am from the all night baby parties, I am NOT lugging THAT around anymore. It's a good life.

1 comment:

Solana said...

Hahaha, that is such a classic photo! Love the insight on the sibling effect.