Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today I have been thinking a lot about my upbringing and the way my parents did things. My parents are amazing. How did they know all that stuff, I mean I feel lost so much of the time. My mom had 9 kids, NINE kids! I thought, before I became a parent, that I wanted a lot of kids and I would be great at it just like my mom was. Well, then I had Kayla and I still thought I wanted lots and lots of Kaylas. Relatively calm easy baby, a toddler who could use so many signs that she was rarely frustrated, and then a wonderful school aged child who has her moments but has become my little bestie. Then I had these two boys at the same time. Pretty good babies but then they turned in to fire breathing toddlers (okay you know I really REALLY love them though). Have you ever heard of Sensory Processing Disorders? My little McKay was diagnosed with it about 9 months ago. It has been a challenge that I have questioned my ability to handle. I love being a parent and I am so thankful that I have been given the opportunity to have these individuals in my life. That being said, my euphoric ideals about becoming a really amazing parent have been shattered by the humbling reality of life. I can do my best every day but that's it. My room is full of clean laundry that hasn't been put away, my floors need to be mopped, I am about 2 years behind on my spring cleaning, and if you sit in something sticky don't say I didn't warn you. I choose not to paint a picture of a perfect life. I want to remember with all the great things, came many challenges. I would also like to remind my three beautiful children that we are just guessing and trying our hardest. We are far from perfect and I know I am not doing everything right but we are doing our best.









1 comment:

Dawn said...

You're awesome, Hannah!