Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nesting is Done, Thanks to Miriam

I can't believe I am posting this photo..

I got a phone call on Friday from my sister Miriam. She asked if she could come up on Saturday and help me get things organized before the babies come. I accepted the much needed help.
In my mind I thought it would be great to have help folding some loads of laundry, maybe some vacuuming and light organization. But my word, that girl literally worked from about 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. We went from room to room she cleaned, organized, scrubbed, and we had a great time too.
I tried to express to her how much it actually meant to me, but it's really hard to explain. I have a natural hormonal need to "nest" for the babies. There were so many things I wanted to get done but I can't stand on my feet for longer than about 10 minutes, that makes it really hard to get a lot done!
My core needs have been met and I am one happy woman. Thank you a million times Miriam, really.

Oh and.... I have to hand it to Sean who watched Miriam's 10 month old and Kayla in the back yard for a large portion of the day. Good practice for the coming days and he is just a good dad and great guy!

After the day of working, Sean took me out for our final date night before the big evacuation day. It was probably the best date night we have had in a long time. We ate dinner, opted out of a movie, took a drive and just talked and laughed about our dreams and ambitions. Just love those special moments with him.

37 weeks tomorrow and babies will be here Wednesday morning!!

7 comments:

Carin said...

Yea Hannah!!! Way to go Miriam!!! Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to see photos of those little ones and I know you cannot wait to feel....not quite so large!! A few more days....CAN'T WAIT!! We love you all!

The Vickrey's said...

Oh man!!! You guys will be a family of 5 before you know it!! Good luck and I can't wait to see those cute babies!!

Naomi Campbell said...

Ok When Captain America comes out on video, we are SO watching it together.

Widdisons said...

Tell your sister she can come to my house next!!! Aren't sister's are the BEST!?! You know today would be a great day for those babies to come but if not i guess wednesdays a great day too! Can't wait to see pictures of those two little boys. How fun and exciting.

Michele said...

i'm so happy for you hannah! thanks again for all your help this morning too. you're awesome, cousin! can't wait to see those sweet twins! good luck with everything.

Walker Fam said...

So Excited For you to finally see this sweet boys! I can't wait for you to post pictures of them! Good luck and WAY TO MAKE IT 37 WEEKS! I am SUPER impressed!! Your amazing!

miriam said...

Aw, thanks han:) i loved helping and being with you was the best! can't wait to see those little guys!