Friday, August 19, 2011

Extra Skin

WARNING: if you have extra tummy skin from having a baby (or two), you may cry while reading this. 
"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."
-Author unknown

2 comments:

Widdisons said...

I love this!!

I also love how positive you are with having twins and a four year old. I feel like I complain and am such a wimp when it comes to my 3 month old and 2 year old.

Alison said...

I love this!

Here is what I have placed on every mirror in my house:

WARNING: Reflections in this mirror may be distorted by socially constructed ideas of 'beauty'.

You are truly beautiful as you give everything to your babies