Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life Has Changed




(Thank you to my sister, Sarah for coming over to do photos today! Love you)

In the last 2 weeks my life has changed dramatically. I used to be consumed with being a mom to one, a nursing student, frequent doctor's appointments, and trying to stand up for 5 minute intervals. Suddenly, everything changed. My life is now consumed with an abundance of baby love, tons of poopy diapers, breastfeeding twins, calming the raging storms of my 4 year old's emotions, and thoroughly enjoying the light feeling of not being pregnant with twins.
So many people told me it would be crazy. And it is.
I was warned about sleepless nights. Indeed they are.
I have heard I will have my hands full. Yep, one baby for each hand plus a 4 year old. My hands are full.
But I was not warned about the overwhelming amount of love my heart is capable of.
A long with the gift of these little angels, came the power to love beyond anything I could have imagined. I am holding on tightly to these moments. I love their little souls. Their cries, their bodies, their personalities. My heart is full of gratitude.
I may not get a shower everyday and I can't remember if I had time to brush my teeth today.
I do know one thing, however, I got to snuggle two beautiful newborns all day.

10 comments:

Widdisons said...

So CUTE! I love your pictures!

The Vickrey's said...

I love it all!!! congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys! They are beautiful! And you guys are awesome! Take it one day at a time and enjoy those sweet little boys! We miss you all and Yah!!! Love you all!

Laynie said...

so beautiful, you are an amazing Mother!

Carin said...

Congratulations Hannah!! If you want a special treat, watch Dumbo and see how much you cry with all of those new mom hormones...can't tell you how many times I have done that! Anyway, have a ton of fun loving those little ones!! (And Kayla :-) Beautiful Photos!!! Sarah is so very talented!

Dawn said...

So, so cute! Congratulations again! You have a beautiful family!

Emily said...

They are so beautiful! You are such an amazing person. I can't believe you have twins...so fun. I would love to come and see you and the babies. Email me a good time when you need a break, I always could use some cuddle time with the little ones:)

miriam said...

yep. you got me on that one.

ShaRene Knox said...

So absolutely adorable!

Alicia Bott said...

Hannah,
i want to be like you when i grow up! you are an amazing mother. I am so happy you used the blankies i got you too:)

Alison said...

Your photo journaling is so touching!! Thank you for sharing!!