Thursday, March 24, 2011

Playing


I am not going to try and convince you that today was easy. It wasn't.
I woke up early to study for a test. I took a zofran because I felt aweful.
I drank a glass of water, then promptly threw the whole thing up.
Happened with Kayla's pregnancy and it still happens. The sickness never goes away for me.

Kayla wanted me to play with her today after I arrived home from school. My body said no way, my heart said otherwise. We played a card game, Kayla style.
Then we played with playdough for a long time.
Above is my divine artwork. A bunch of people hanging out in a swimming pool.
While playing with Kayla I realized something. She thinks that I am amazingly artistic with my sculptures. I know I'm not. But Kayla, she knows I am.
Why do I strive as a parent to be so outstanding when all it takes is spending time making stupid little play-dough sculptures with my 4 year old? I tend to beat myself up over not being the the stellar mother I want to be. Yet she forgives and loves me the same. She seems to completely forget about the numerous times in the past few months that I have fallen asleep rather than pay attention to her, about the times that I have lost patience, and all the other downfalls I possess. This evening she had a few meltdowns and had to spend a fair amount of time in her room alone. But how I love my little girl.
I love her from head to toe, from heart to fight, and from tears to laughter.
She came packaged with her own opinions and personality.
Today was a good day because I played. Full attention, no other distractions, I just played for a little while.

1 comment:

LCO's said...

Our kids worship the ground we walk on, as do we for them. They are so forgiving and qued into our emotions. It is the greatest love I have ever felt, we live to take care of them and to enjoy them. They forgive when we cannot give our undivided attention because they know we love them anyway. And we always make up for it. You are a great mother Hannah, you are the perfect person/mother to be having twins in nursing school because you just do it! No complaints, push on. You rock hannah bannana