Monday, April 1, 2013

Twin Toddlers: Logistically Impossible



Have you wondered why my photos aren't looking as professional as they used to? Well....one word: I don't have time. I used to take all my photos with my SLR camera, edit them in Adobe Lightroom and then put them on my blog. Now days, I still take a lot of photos but they are with my phone, which is an excellent camera but not SLR! Oh well, the memories are still there, maybe just not the photo quality.
Today I took the boys outside to play (a common occurrence around here). The thought came to me that it is logistically impossible to have 2 toddlers, yet somehow they haven't been hit by a car, fallen down stairs, or fallen off of a counter. When other adults stop and want to chat in the park, it is almost comical at how bad of a conversationalist I have become, due to the constant motion the boys are in. One kid under your arm, the other one plunging off the slide, someone bumps their head and is now crying, one starts to run toward the street while the other starts climbing the jungle gym alone. I mean insanity at it's best. Church is a 3 hour chase-two-kids-through-the-halls session. My house constantly looks like tornado alley and every evening when we are cleaning up the living room I wonder if we should wait to clean up for a few years and just embrace the chaos. I crave a life of organization and order, where I can find the things I need in the house. I have pinned (on Pinterest) hundreds of ideas on organization. I guess I will have that organized life one day. I will have my house in order, smelling lovely, and my kitchen floor will stay clean for a few days. But ya know what, I have a feeling I will miss the sound of little feet running across that dirty floor. I will miss sitting in the middle of our toy-covered living room holding my babies snuggled in a blanket. I don't think I will regret putting all my free time in to my family. Organization can wait, those sweet growing kids can't.

No comments: